Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome, 2013.


Since it's the first day of the new year, I feel that a post is required. I'm still recovering from a bad cold, which I can't seem to shake, and while my husband and I had planned to see The Hobbit tonight,
we ended up shopping instead. I was having too many coughing fits to be in a theater for 2.5+ hours. 

I started reading A Jane Austen Education by William Deresiewicz, a book I started during the summer, but didn't finish due to grad school reading. My professor for the 19th century British novel recommended it, so I bought it while I was in Sewanee and read the chapter on Persuasion (the novel we were reading for the course). I'll divide my time between this books and Collins' The Woman in White, which I technically started a few days after Christmas, but haven't finished yet.

Now that I'm reading about Austen, I have a feeling I'll be adding her books to my 2013 reading list as well, even though I've read most of them in previous years.

Happy New Year and Happy Reading in 2013!

Austenprose: A Jane Austen Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment