Monday, January 14, 2013

Waiting for new books

I've been waiting over the last couple of weeks for new books to arrive. I found the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th books in the Mortal Instruments series (Cassandra Clare) on sale at Daedalus Books for $3.95 each, which I thought was a steal. I later found Meredith Ann Pierce's book, The Dark Angel, on sale there as well ($2.98). I read this YA fantasy novel when I was around 12 or 13 years old, and I hadn't seen it since then.  I wouldn't call myself a fantasy/sci-fi reader in general, but I do enjoy it from time to time.

One of my penpals (from Yorkshire, England) recommended a bird watching memoir to me (The Running Sky by Tim Dee), which I received in the mail today. I love getting book recommendations, so feel free to comment your recommendations to me anytime.

I also ordered a Chickasaw language program, which I'm excited about. My mother's family has Chickasaw ancestry, and since the language is endangered, I thought it would be a great language to study. So, with that said, Ayala'chi!





No comments:

Post a Comment